This policy sets out the types of personal data that we collect, how and why we collect it, when and why we can contact you, how we share personal data, your rights and how to contact us. Sometimes we might have to make changes to this policy, so please check back regularly to stay informed.
Collecting and Using your Data
The ‘data controller’ determines how and why personal data will be processed. The data controller is Jonathan Roberts Roofing Contractors Ltd. We’re committed to doing the right thing with your personal data. Jonathan Roberts Roofing Contractors Ltd may collect personal data about you, including: your name, address, telephone and fax numbers, email address, bank account details, your correspondence history and your marketing preferences. We do not store any payment details. We also collect information on your company, such as its name and full trading name, trading status, registration number, registered address, date of establishment and telephone and fax numbers. You may provide us with information of third parties, such as customer name and site addresses, or contact details for your trade references.
We’ve got to collect and use certain information in order to perform our contract with you or to fulfill a service. We also collect data if you subscribe to our mailing list.
We regularly review the personal data that we hold and delete data if we don’t think we need it anymore unless we are obliged to keep it. We will generally keep your data for as long as is reasonably required, for the purpose for which it was given.
Sharing your Data
We will not sell your personal data to any third parties.
We may share your personal data with the following types of company as an essential part of being able to provide our products/services to you. We will only share data with reputable organisations that we trust, such as:
- Delivery companies
- Professional service providers, including document shredding firms, accountants, consultants, etc.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies
- Third party data processing entities who perform services on our behalf, such as content management systems or Cloud-based software, review companies, payment processing providers, email and hosting services and advertising services (including retargeted advertising).
- Third-party analytics tools like Google Analytics
- Third-party advertisers
We require these organisations to keep your personal data safe, and they must not use your personal data for their own marketing purposes.
Protecting your data
Jonathan Roberts Roofing Contractors Ltd have robust safeguards in place to ensure that all personal data is safe and secure. This includes computer safeguards, such as anti-virus, firewalls and data encryption, as well as physical and procedural safeguards.
Marketing with your data
We do not, currently, use any of your personal infomation as part of our marketing. We will only contact you if we believe that we have a lawful basis for doing so.
Cookies are small data files that allow a website to collect and store a range of data on your device.
By using our website, you agree to us placing cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new cookies and to delete existing cookies. Please note, if you delete or don’t accept cookies, our website might not work how it is intended to – your user experience might be affected.
You have many rights regarding how we process your personal information. These include:
- The right to see the personal data that we hold about you. This is called a Subject Access Request (SAR).
- The right to rectify incorrect or incomplete data.
- The right to have your personal data erased and/or withdraw consent at any time.
- The right to restrict or suspend processing.
- The right to complain to a supervisory body.
- The right to data portability.
To request any of the above please email us at email@example.com. We may require proof of identity.